Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, February 29, 2016

this church is TRUE!!

Hey family!!

This week was kind of a blur, but there are a few highlights that stick out. :)

We had a lesson with our investigator Luke. It has taken a while to
meet with him--things just kept falling through. It really was a
miracle that it worked out with him so we could teach him. We taught
him the restoration, and the Spirit was SO strong. There is something
so exhilarating about teaching someone the message of the restoration
that has never heard it before. During that lesson and at points
throughout the week, I realized (once again) my testimony is growing
and strengthening like nothing else. Especially of the restoration.
Every time I study it, teach it, testify of it--I KNOW it's true.
Without a shadow of a doubt. This is the TRUE church on the earth
today. The same church that Christ established while He was here--we
have it today, how amazing is that?! It is so amazing and wonderful
and I hope we never ever take it for granted.

Dylan has been struggling to read The Book of Mormon, so we had a
lesson focused on that. Again, every time I study, teach about, or
testify of The Book of Mormon, I know it's true. Without a doubt. We
showed him Elder Holland's testimony of The Book of Mormon, and he
really enjoyed that. He loves learning about church history; it's
awesome!! We are praying that he read The Book of Mormon daily and can
overcome his Word of Wisdom stumbling blocks in preparation for his
baptism.

On sort of a side note, something that is becoming more instinctual
for me as a missionary is asking inspired questions. I never
understood them before, but now I am making progress. During a lesson
with a less-active member, I felt prompted to ask her a question, when
Sister Schofield opened her mouth and asked her the same question that
had come to my mind. Comp unity right there--but even more than that,
it's being in tune with the Spirit. It is vital as a missionary and
it's amazing to see it in action.

Thank you so much for all the prayers for our investigators. If you
can continue to pray for them, I would greatly appreciate it.
Roger: have the desire and strength to work through Word of Wisdom
issues, also at he will get a new position at work
Dylan: read The Book of Mormon every day and gain a testimony of it,
and have the desire and strength to work through Word of Wisdom issues

An update on the sisters in the accident:

Sister Douglas has made progress, but her concussion was really
severe, so she has gone back to Utah to recover. Sister Faamaile is
doing much better, and has returned to missionary work. Sister Young
is making great progress! From President Johnson:
"She is sitting up, talking and feeding herself regular food . . .  Importantly,
she has that glow about her that one always felt in her presence and that made
her a truly outstanding missionary. One of the trauma doctors told her
parents that they had not dealt with a case quite like hers and that
her progress has been 'miraculous'.  There is still some concern about
infections and other issues that could derail some of the
improvements, but she is making great strides down her long road to
full recovery.  Her parents have been by her side every minute and
have provided amazing support. Thank you for your prayers in their
behalf--I know they can feel them!!"

Missionary work is the greatest. I know this church is true, without a
doubt. I wouldn't be on a mission if it weren't. It keeps me going
every single day. What happened in the Sacred Grove forever changed
the history of the world, but it also forever changed my life. And it
can do the same for each and every one of us if we let it.

"Have faith, have hope, love like His Son. Help others on their way."

Let's go save the world (by telling them about the One who saved the world).

Hurrah for Israel!

Lots of love,
Sister Bartlett


                                             Sometimes you drive 30 miles to contact
                                             a referral at the edge of your area....and
                                             she doesn't answer....but that's ok!  Still
                                             have so many reasons to smile :)



The Pennsylvanians LOVE their Pets!!



Sister's Bart and Scho  



No comments:

Post a Comment