Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, February 8, 2016

Spiritual Tsunami

Family dearest,

This week was truly a spiritual tsunami. At least it felt like it.
Miracles, tender mercies, an abundance of the Spirit--I wish I could
tell you everything. Anyway, it was an amazing week--let me tell you's
a little bit 'bout it.

(PS we got transfer calls on Saturday...I'M STAYING IN SUNBURY WITH
SISTER SCHOFIELD!!! Super relieved and super excited ;-))

So, Dylan. Man, he's awesome! He is doing so well and just eager to
learn more. IT'S THE COOLEST THING. We asked him if he'd been praying,
and he said, "Yeah, I have. A lot. And I believe all of it." Best
thing I heard that day. We taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ, and
the Spirit was definitely there. When he prayed to close the lesson,
it was different. He prayed more sincerely than he had before--it was
fantastic. He also came to church yesterday and stayed for all three
hours!! So so wonderful. Please keep him in your prayers!! He needs to
have experiences that will deepen his conversion and draw him closer
to the Savior. He will get there, though. I know he will.

Speaking of amazing investigators, Roger is now 8 days smoke free. I
am super duper proud of him!!!! He is doing so well. We had a brief
lesson with him on Saturday, and the Spirit was there. He is just so
eager to be baptized!! I am so excited for him to finally take this
step--he's heard these lessons before...but this has been a long time
coming. His wife Teresa isn't interested in it anymore (sad, because
we had a baptismal date for her), but Roger's progression just keeps
going and going. To see his excitement is so invigorating. It pushes
me to try harder and do better. Please pray for him too!! He needs
extra strength right now. Also his son Rogie--he quit smoking at the
same time and needs prayers as well.

We saw Tim again, and gave him the "drop talk", or basically told him
that we can't do much more for him if he isn't willing to commit to
anything. It has been so hard to teach him with love, but we did that
night. And it felt amazing. I felt the Spirit stronger than I have in
a while as we taught him. We were bold with him, but not overbearing,
and in so doing, we left the ball in his court. We invited him to
church, he said he'd call us, and he never did. Bummer. We ended up
"dropping" him at least for the time being. But. It takes faith to
drop someone. It's a harsh term, but it's just not his time yet.

Wednesday to Thursday was our "backwards blitz" with the STL's and
drove up to Lock Haven to stay there for 24 hours. My companion for
the day was Sister Durfee, and we saw this lady named Franchetta
during our time together. We showed her the "Mountains to Climb"
Mormon message, and after feeling inspired to ask her about her belief
in Jesus Christ, I was able to testify to her of Him. My heart was
bursting at the seams with the Spirit. Truly beautiful. I loved being
around our Sister Training Leader's--they are wonderful missionaries
and Sister Schofield and I learned a lot from them.

We also saw Sister Côte. We shared a message with her, and the Spirit
completely washed over me as we testified to her. I have such a soft
spot for her in my heart--she just cut her hair really short to make
it easier as she goes through chemo. It brought back so many memories
of having that short of hair this exact time just two years ago. My
heart goes out to her. I truly feel like one of the main reasons if
not the reason I am here in Sunbury is for Sister Côte. I feel a
connection to her like I've never felt with anyone else. I love her
dearly. Please pray for her as well--she needs it.

On Saturday, the Lewisburg Elders had a baptism for their
investigators Ryan and Rose. They asked us to sing a musical number,
so we sang "Baptism" from the children's songbook. It brought the
Spirit, and they absolutely loved it. Oh my goodness, seeing them
baptized was the most amazing experience. To see them change their
lives for the Savior to follow Him is just so inspiring. They were and
are so golden--it was the most beautiful and spiritual experience
being with them on Saturday to share their special day.

This mission of mine is truly priceless and ever so precious to me. I
wouldn't trade anything the world had to offer for it. The people I am
meeting, the experiences I am having, and the Spirit I feel on a
regular basis are all incredible--there is absolutely nothing like it
anywhere. I would never be able to have these experiences at any other
point in my life. I am meant to be here at this time in Pennsylvania,
and it is earning a very special place in my heart.

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!

I hope you's guys have the best week ever.
Let's go save the world.

All the love in my heart,
Sister Bartlett



                             Backwards Blitzes with Sister's Durfee and Crockett




Bowling on P-Day




The Famous Four ;)




And their favorite Nursing Home!





No comments:

Post a Comment