Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, December 26, 2016

He is Real to me.....

Family dearest,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! It was SOOO good to see and talk to yinz yesterday. 😉 It was surreal realizing that was my last call home. (What in the world?!)

Like I told you, our sacrament meeting yesterday was great. I loved the opportunity to sing praises to the Savior through my solo of "Away in a Manger". I also loved all of the other Christmas hymns others performed and we sang as a congregation.

For Christmas Eve dinner, we were at our Bishop's house, and we watched some of the Christmas Bible videos. Afterwards, we sang Silent Night together. As I reflected on that sacred night so long ago, it felt so real to me. It's hard to describe, but as I am coming to know my Savior in a much more real sense, that first Christmas feels tangible. He is so real to me. And the Spirit I felt that night was particularly beautiful.

We did some service this week, which was wonderful. We also went caroling a few times, which was a blast! One of the times was with our district and another district. We drove to Pleasant Hills and hopped on a trailer that was decorated with Christmas lights and was attached to a truck. We hopped in and drove to a few neighborhoods and went door to door. It was awesome!! Elf really said it best: "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." 😂

Earlier in the week, we went to McDonald, which is a small town in our area. We talked to a few people and showed the video a few times. It was great! I have loved seeing people's reactions to the video--they all love it! 

We also saw Ronald and Nancy. When we walked into their house, we could feel the tension. Satan is working so hard to have a hold on their house. For the majority of our visit, they were telling us about the trials they are being hit with left and right. It is incredible to me, because despite all of it, they still have the faith to keep praying, reading, and meeting with us. We showed them "Light the World" and they loved it. They said they could feel a different Spirit as soon as we walked through the door. I introduced the Plan of Salvation pamphlet to them and left them with a copy to read. We also downloaded the gospel library onto their phones, and Ronald especially was so excited about it. We showed him the videos he could watch when he was feeling down and out. He said he was going to be busy. 😉 We texted them later and they said they had read through more of the Book of Mormon. They are so ready to embrace the gospel--I am so excited to teach them more.

I really do know this gospel is the absolute truth. Jesus Christ stands at the head and leads and guides this Church. He is in reality our Savior. He was born in the most humble of circumstances and He lived for us, died for us, and He lives today. He is real. He lives. He is with us constantly, and what a beautiful gift that is. The more I come to know Who He is, the more I desire to be like Him. I love this gospel with all of my heart!!! ❤

I LOVE YOU!!!!! Have a beautiful week and enjoy the last bit of 2016 😉

"Keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever." (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

                                                 Caroling! Missionary Style :)
                                                                 


The Famous Sarri's Chocolate Factory-YUM!



It was like stepping into Candyland.....



Celebrating Click Days with Ice Cream at Sarri's!



Our paper Christmas Tree!



Christmas PJ's- hip hip hooray!



Polaroid Selfie's



The afternmath....





























No comments:

Post a Comment