Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, December 12, 2016

"Good Morning!....You're about to call in sick"

Family!!

Greetings from Washington!! (Well...Canonsburg if you want to be specific 😉) if you haven't watched "Hot Pockets" by Jim Gaffigan in a while...go watch of it and think of me 😂

We spent all of Monday in Pittsburgh with the Ritz's which was a blast!! (More pictures to come...eventually...) More goodbyes Monday night and Tuesday...some of the hardest I've ever had to say. Every time I leave an area, it's like leaving home and family all over again. I don't like it one bit! Good thing I'll probably be here for the last while and won't have to face another transfer move for a bit. (Since I've gotten to this area, everyone has been asking me how long I've been out. When I tell them 14 1/2 months, they're like, "oh, so this is probably you're last stop then!" Agh!! I don't like this at all. How in the world did this happen?!? Time is just flying at the speed of light and I can't even keep up. Not cool. At all. Anywhoosers...)

I got sick with a really nasty cold this week so we really didn't do much. I spent a lot of time sleeping/resting/taking it easy...which is the worst as a missionary because you feel like the laziest human on earth. But it needed to happen. I am slowly getting better though. Thank goodness for Priesthood blessings! (and Musinex and Ricola's and vitamin C 😉) I am also slowly meeting investigators, less-active members, and members of the ward, so that's good! I definitely miss Pitt 3rd and the people there more than I can even say, but this is gonna be good. I can feel it.  

Sister Kelley is super awesome!! She's got this greenie fire that I definitely need right now!! I love her so much. ❤ It definitely has been humbling to be with someone who's only been out 3 months and is leading out the area. The Lord is teaching me a lot. Some of which has been humbly complying to His will, and acknowledging Him constantly for my need of His divine help. Though I feel and know I am so weak, He is making me strong. I know that He really does give us what we need when we need it. I definitely need some humbling, and this is a great opportunity for Heavenly Father to help me in that area.

Well fam bam, I wish I had more to update you on, but I don't...so, keep on keepin' on!! Remember who you are and that a sister missionary in Pennsylvania LOVES YOU TONS!!!!! ❤

"Keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever." (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

All my love,
Sister Bartlett xoxo

                                     
   With the Ritz's at Bupa's Italian
                                                                Restaurant - YUM!





                                                  Saying goodbye to the Greenway Family



                                                                        With Anne



                                           With Bishop Snow and his wife -LOVE THEM!



                                                                    Photo Booth :)



                                          Me and Sister Kelley with Rosie aka Sister Bartlett ;)



                                             Our Gingerbread Sister Missionaries for the
                                                              Ward Christmas Party!









No comments:

Post a Comment