Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, August 1, 2016

Reasons Why....

Hello my wonderful family!!

Happy August!! Can you believe it?! Where is the time going?! I
can't believe the boys will be starting school so soon!! But speaking
of summer, oh boy. I don't know if I could ever live in Pennsylvania
again during the summer. IT IS SO HOT. The humidity just makes you
melt, it's crazy. But it's still as green as green can be and
beautiful too!!

Before I tell yinz about anything else, transfer news!! I am leaving
Beaver 😭 and being transferred to the Pitt 3rd ward which is right
outside of Pittsburgh. My new address is: 378 Chapel Place,
Pittsburgh, PA 15235. I have been called to serve as a Sister Training
Leader or STL! I am very humbled by this calling, but I also am confident
it is straight from the Lord. And I know that He will help me fulfill it just like he
helped me fulfill the calling of a trainer. My new companion is Sister
Taunima who I LOVE TO DEATH. She has been one of my STL's for the past
two transfers, and so I went on exchanges with her at the beginning of
this transfer and had the best time. She is a terrific missionary and
I feel soooo blessed to get to serve and work with her.

My heart has literally broken as I've said goodbye to these amazing
people of the Beaver Valley Ward. Just like Sunbury, this became my
home and it's like leaving home and family all over again. It has been
so hard. Many tears of joy have been shed as I've reflected on the lifelong
friendships I've formed here. Because of Beaver, I will never be the
same. I feel indescribably grateful to have served here--it will
always hold a special place in my heart.

An amazing surprise from yesterday: As we were finishing up choir
practice before sacrament meeting, I noticed President and Sister
Johnson taking a seat in a pew in the congregation. It was like
Christmas morning seeing them there!! They got to meet Erin which
was practically a dream come true. Erin and her kids were there
yesterday which just made me so happy. And even though Maddie and
Eli were reluctant to start coming to church, they are
loving it! They have made so many friends--just what they needed. I
love them more than I could ever say.

Speaking of President, we had interviews on Tuesday, which were
wonderful. I don't know what it is, but I cry though every single one
of my interviews with President. My mission just makes me so
emotional. ;) He literally feels like my mission dad. He IS my mission
dad, ha ha. I love him so much. He said so many things that I
desperately needed to hear--I know that he is one of the reasons why I
was called to serve in this mission.

I've done a lot of reflecting and I've been praying a lot asking God
if I've done everything He needed me to while I was here in Beaver.
And I got my answer. I have done all that He needed me to. There are
other reasons I'm sure, but I know without a shadow of a doubt I was
here for Erin. I have done all I needed to do because I helped her.
Because I never gave up on her, I was an instrument in helping change
her life. From that first day here in this area when I met her and
cried on her front porch with her. And then I never gave up on her no
matter how many weeks went by without hearing from her. She was always
there in the back of my mind. And then we finally started meeting
with her and teaching her and her kids...her life will never be the
same now. She's getting baptized in two weeks and there's a chance
I'll be able to come back for her baptism. (Please please please pray
that I can!!) I hope beyond hope so, because I would be absolutely
over the moon. As hard as it will be to say goodbye to her and her
kids tonight, I know that I'll see her again. She will be one of my
dearest friends for the rest of my life. I will always be her
missionary. ❤️ She is one of the reasons why I was sent to Beaver. She
is one of the reasons why I was sent to the Pennsylvania Pittsburgh
Mission. She is one of the reasons why I am still alive. I needed to
meet her and help her. I love her and her kids more than words can
say.

Mom, Dad, Cameron, and Brenden--I love you all so much. And it's
because I love you that I'm out here. I get to be out here helping others
come unto Christ and be with their families forever, because I get to be
with YOU forever. This is true joy. Especially seeing Erin and her kids
prepare to be baptized--there is nothing that makes me happier. My heart
is literally overflowing. I absolutely love my mission and I have never felt
more joy in my entire life. I always want to be this happy.

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do
not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded
me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in
the hands of God to bring some should to repentance; and this is my
joy." (Alma 29:9)

"Keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep
growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."
(Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

Sending all the love from PA,
Sister Bartlett xoxo
3 Nephi 5:13

PS: read this article when you have a chance. It was beautiful >>
https://www.lds.org/blog/the-gift-of-being-broken?lang=eng


                                                  I LOVE SUNSETS!!



                                                                  With Judy :)



Elder Foster and Sister Weeks (RS Pres)



                                          Interviews with President Johnson :)



Me, Erin and her kids.
                                                           They've Stolen my Heart!!





No comments:

Post a Comment