Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, July 4, 2016

Love Will Find You There!

Dad and Mom and Cameron and Brenden:

I'll be honest, this week was a weird one. We spent a lot of time in
doctor's appointments with Sister Morgan for her Chron's disease. All
is well though, she just had to get her medication so she can feel
better. But between those few appointments and a car inspection that
took a lot longer than we expected, I just felt off this week. There
still were good things that happened though!

So while our car was being inspected, we were stuck in Beaver Falls,
so I thought we should go walk around and see if we could find some
potential investigators. We tried a referral named Mary...we had
talked to her before, but got to talk to her again. She's not super
interested, but we may be helping her move in the near future. We were
walking down the street to find an address, and the Spirit said, "Hey!
Sister Bartlett! Go talk to that girl on her porch over there!" Okay,
not exactly. 😂 It was a quiet and simple thought and nudge, but thank
goodness I heeded it. We met two sisters--Shaquille and Tiffani. They
were awesome! We taught them the Restoration, gave them a copy of the
Book of Mormon and invited them to read and pray. Also set up a return
appointment. Cool beans, right?! It was just so great to see the
Spirit in action and the blessings that come from following its
promptings.

So on Tuesday we got a referral from a less-active member. We didn't
even have to ask, she just gave it to us! We set up an appointment for
the next day to see her. We happened to be on exchanges, so I went
with one of my Sister Training Leaders, Sister Taunima (love her to
death!!). Denise (the member) sat in on Helen's (the referral) lesson,
and we taught her the Restoration. She is so sweet and she sincerely
is seeking for truth. It was a great lesson and Denise made an awesome
member present!

Sadly, we did not get to see Erin and her kids this week. 😔 Will you
please pray for them that they will be able to come to church? Also
that Erin will be given the strength to endure her health challenges?
Thank you so much. They need so many prayers right now.

This week I've reflected a lot about the Atonement of our Savior,
Jesus Christ. My mission is opening my eyes to the reality of His
Atonement and coming to understand on an even deeper level that it's
for me. Nothing would be possible without His Atonement. As such,
everything is possible because of His Atonement. Everything is
possible because of Him.

Because of Him...
I can repent, I can change, I can be redirected in my course, I can be forgiven.
I can be made free from the guilt I feel when I sin, make a mistake,
stray, and wander. That burden can be lifted and I can be liberated.
I can let go. I can let go of the heartache I hold on to for too long.
I can let go of bad habits and embrace better ones. My regret can
become relief.
I can feel peace. When I am depressed, discouraged, anxious, afraid,
alone, burdened down, doubtful, hopeless, helpless...He can run to me
and console me in my afflictions. He can bring peace to my heart that
I could never bring to myself.
I can feel joy. My heart can be mended, my soul can be healed, my
burdens can be lifted, I can feel hope. I can be happy. I can be happy
because of my hope. Joy can be restored to my heart when, through my
own actions or just the unfairness of life, it has been ripped away.
Through Him I can find lasting joy and happiness.

None of this would be possible without Him.

Also, I have felt such an outpouring of love from my Father in Heaven
especially this week. And a song (of course 😉) has come to mind as I
have felt His love:

"The One who knows your heart. And sees what you can't see. He's been
there from the start, and believes in what you'll be. He will shine a
light through every darkest fear you'll ever know. His arms are
reaching out to you through the ones you love you so. He will hear
your heart's unspoken prayer, and love will find you there."

I have been encircled about in the arms of His love and reminded of
how merciful He is. Love finds us even at our lowest, weakest, darkest
times...and heals, helps, lifts, and lights the way.

Invitation for yinz this week: read the following verses and reflect
on the love that He has for YOU.
Romans 8:31-39

I love my Savior. I love Him for His sacrifice in my behalf. I love
Him for the inseparable love He offers me. I know He lives! And this
is the message we carry to the world.

"Keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep
growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."
(Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

With so much love,
Sister Bartlett


                                                               Peace Out!!



With our STL's



The Clan



Fireworks from our Balcony!










No comments:

Post a Comment