Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, July 11, 2016

In Awe of His Hand!

Family dearest,

(FYI This morning we were helping this kid out with his eagle project,
so it's taken me a while to get to email yinz.)

Holy cannoli guacamole ravioli!!! This week was AMAZING!!! I seriously
am in complete awe at the hand of the Lord. There are so many details
I could tell you about, but I'll just stick to a few.

So to start off, this week we taught 8 member present lessons, and had
6 team-ups. That might not mean much to yinz since you aren't super
familiar with mission lingo. Let me explain. A member present lesson
is when you teach an investigator with a member of the church present
(someone besides a missionary).  Our average we have done 3 over the past 6
weeks, so the fact that we reached 8 is incredible. We also
had 6 members of the ward come out and teach with us. It was awesome.
Numbers aren't our main focus, but it was incredible to hit that this
week.

On Wednesday we had zone training from our zone leaders. It was really
powerful...we kind of got rebuked for not having investigators with
baptismal dates, so during weekly planning Sister Morgan and I prayed
about several baptismal dates. We are excited to extend them this
week!

Friday we taught our investigator Rose. We brought a member from the
ward--Sister Neeley and she was such a perfect team-up. We read Alma 5
with her (for some reason Alma is where she started reading the Book
of Mormon...) and it was such a powerful chapter to read and discuss
with her. Then we taught her the Restoration. How it ended up
happening, I was the one who taught about Joseph Smith. When I opened
my mouth to testify of the Prophet Joseph Smith, the Spirit was
suddenly so strong. I was overcome with emotion and struggled to
speak. This is the first time I've felt so emotional bearing testimony
of him. I know without a doubt that in answer to his humble prayer, he
saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. What happened in that
grove of trees in New York changed the world...and it has changed and
is changing my life.

Saturday night we saw Erin. We took a recently returned missionary
(her name is Cindy) with us and she was such a perfect team-up! We
read the Book of Mormon with Erin and testified of God's love for her
and each of us, even when the world is in complete chaos. It was a
really great lesson, taught to her needs and at her pace. She was
going to come to church and the fireside...but she didn't make it.
Seriously the past four weeks have been literal roadblocks placed
by Satan preventing her from coming. Please please please pray that
she and her kids can and will come to church!!

Last night we sung in another "Why I Believe" fireside, and it was
such a beautiful experience. I got to sing a solo again ("Blessed Be
His Name") in addition to singing with all of the missionaries. The
Spirit was undeniably strong. I felt such an outpouring of love from
my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ--something I needed
desperately. A feeling that He loves me unconditionally--no matter
what, and that everything is going to be okay. I need reminded of this
often on my mission.

" . . . surely the thing God enjoys most about being God is the thrill
of being merciful, especially to those who don’t expect it and often
feel they don’t deserve it. ... however late you think you are,
however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes
you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however
far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify
that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not
possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s
Atonement shines." (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

"So keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep
growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."
(Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

Sending love from Pennsylvania,
Sister Bartlett xoxo


                                    The HUGE ice cream sundae for the July 4th party!



                                                                      Our Zone



Our Zone again!



Me with Sister Rambo :)

10 Attachments





No comments:

Post a Comment