Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, March 28, 2016

I'll go where He wants me to go!

Dear family,

Happy Easter yesterday! Oh my stars, it's been a roller coaster these
past few days. You's ready for transfer news? I'm leaving Sunbury :'(
and heading to Beaver Valley. It's located on the other side of the
mission, close to Pittsburgh. My new companion will be Sister Smith,
and she only has one transfer (6 weeks) left on her mission. This
means I'll have to take over the area after only 6 weeks. Oh boy. I
know the Lord will help me though. :)

So tomorrow morning, bright and early we are driving to Harrisburg.
Sister Schofield will pick up her new companion, Sister Thorson, and I
will hop in a van with a bunch of other missionaries to drive to
Pittsburgh. I had a hunch I would leave, even though I didn't want to.
I wanted to stay for at least another 6 weeks...but the Lord had
something different in mind for me.

It has been hard to see people for the last time and to say goodbye. I
have come to love the Sunbury area and ward and people more than I
ever thought I would or could. My heart holds so much love for them, I
can't even describe it. This has become my home. So to leave is harder
than I ever could have imagined. I have come to love Sister Schofield
like a sister, and it is going to be so hard to leave. She has become
one of my closest and dearest friends...I am going to miss her
terribly. Good thing there's life after the mission and I'll get to
see her again!! ;D

We had a really great week and taught a lot of people. I couldn't have
had a better week right before leaving Sunbury. We showed Hallelujah
to so many people, handed out pass-along cards, and testified of the
Savior, His resurrection, and life after death. It has been so
amazing! Brenton's baptism was yesterday, and it was a success! So
happy he's made that step and is now a member of the church.

I'm not sure what else to say. I will say this though: So grateful for
this Easter season. It has come to mean a lot more to me on my mission
than before. I know without a doubt we will see our loved ones again.
This beautiful plan of salvation is real and it gives me hope and
peace during this mortal life. I am so grateful for it. I know without
a doubt our Savior Jesus Christ died for each and every one of us, and
on the third day took up His life and rose from the dead. Because of
Him, anything is possible. Because of Him, we will all live again. The
tomb is empty; He lives. "He is not here, He is risen." Hallelujah!

I love you so so so much--I hope you have a wonderful week!!

All my love,
Sister Bartlett


                                     I AM GONNA MISS THESE PEOPLE SO MUCH!!


                                                 Brenton's Baptism on Easter Sunday :)


Sister Bartlett and Roger



Lily made me a "We'll Miss You" sign! 



With the Jasmine and Kelly


                                                     With Gail--Oh I Love her!


                                                With the Paul's-SWEET people!


                                  Lewisburg District-it's been real!  See you on the flip side!          
                           

                                           Oh how I will MISS this Sis! #alwayslaughing
                                                       Never been a dull moment :D
                                             Love. You. So. Much. Sister Schofield!!






No comments:

Post a Comment