Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, November 23, 2015

He always provides + GRATEFUL

Dad + Mom + Cameron + Brenden (and Zoey ;D),

I can't believe it's already Monday again! The week's seem to go by
slowly, but then fast at the same time. I don't know how that works,
but it does. :-) And you're so right--it's my second click day today!!
Two months--can you believe it?!

So many miracles happened this week. You know how we had to drop a few
investigators last week? Well, the Lord blessed us tremendously and we
picked up 5 new investigators (some of them have previously been
investigators with other missionaries). This was an absolute miracle.
It is an amazing thing to be able to see the Lord's hand so evident in
the work here.

Remember Ashley who we called last week? Well, on Tuesday we met with
her and taught her the Restoration. Let me tell you, she is SO
PREPARED. She is thirsting and hungering for truth--what is amazing is
I know without a doubt that we have the truth she is seeking. She is
looking into a few differently churches, so we are praying that as we
meet with her she will be able to feel the truth of what we are
teaching her. Please pray for her--she really needs it. Her husband is
against it, so she will receive lots of opposition for these steps she
is taking, but I know she can do it.

When we went to see Frank this past week, he asked us if we would go
see his wife Danielle. They have been separated for a long time, but
he wanted us to go see her. So on Friday, we felt really impressed to
go see her instead of waiting to the next week. We met her and she was
so nice! She told us she had met with the missionaries a long time
ago, but couldn't get baptized. So so sad!! She knows a
lot about the gospel, and we are going to teach her again tonight. We
want to share a message about enduring to the end and if she will do
that, and come to church and study her scriptures, the day she can be
baptized will be a glorious day indeed.

We taught Robert again this past week, and his wife sat in on the
lesson, which she's never done before. She was taught by the
missionaries a while ago, but had word of wisdom issues, so she wasn't
baptized (same with Robert). We told them we can help with that! We
taught them the Plan of Salvation--I just have to tell ya--Robert is
so awesome!! He was reading in True to the Faith about the kingdoms of
glory before we even taught him about them! He has word of wisdom
issues too--please keep him and his wife Teresa in your prayers.

This is kind of a side note, but one morning, Sister Talbot and I were
talking about how we wanted a Krispy Kreme donut. It sounded so good,
but we knew we couldn't get one. After we taught Frank's son Frank (we
call him Frank Jr. ... He was baptized, but knows next to nothing
about the gospel...we have lots of ground to cover...), he asked us if
we wanted a donut. Lo and behold, they were KRISPY KREME donuts!! Oh,
it was a pure tender mercy from the Lord. Only He knew we wanted
one...and He made a way. It was such a small and simple thing, but a
powerful reminder that He is fully aware of me.

You've asked about Thanksgiving, so I'll tell you! We have been
invited to have dinner at the Bishop's house--their family is
wonderful, so I'm really excited! For the first half of the day, we
are going to just stay inside and study, spend time on Mormon.org and
lds.org and things like that. We would go out and proselyte, but no
one wants us in their house on Thanksgiving. Ha ha :)

In light of Thanksgiving, I am indeed grateful for many things.
I am grateful for my sacred and precious calling as a missionary.
I am grateful the Lord has called me to labor in this part of His
vineyard for the salvation of souls.
I am grateful for the powerful experiences I have had that strengthen
my testimony.
I am grateful for the matchless and miraculous gift of the Atonement
given to me by my Savior.
I am grateful for the strength that only can come through the
Atonement that enables me to press forward and endure.
I am grateful for His patience with me and all of my flaws and weaknesses.
I am grateful for His Spirit and how it teaches me in quiet and subtle
but powerful ways.
I am grateful for the moments when I feel encompassed about in the
arms of His love.
I am grateful for the power of prayer and the time spent on my knees.
I am grateful for this gospel and the rock and anchor it is in my life.

I am also grateful to know I am making progress as a missionary--it
feels wonderful to look back and see all of the good you did during a
day or during a week. :-)

Thank you so much for all your prayers and love and support!! Please
pray for our investigators by name--I know there is a very real power
that comes from prayer, especially as you pray for them by name. (The
list is: Danielle, Ashley, Sam, Roger, Teresa, William, Ted)

I hope you have a wonderful week and a fantastic Thanksgiving!!

I love you with all my heart!!! <3

All my love,
Sister Bartlett
Romans 8:39





Payton, Sister Bartlett, and Patience
(Frank's kids)





Lewisburg District





"When you are having a hard day--get ice cream!!"







No comments:

Post a Comment