Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, March 27, 2017

Exchanges + Sickly Sisters....

Family,

So. This week. Exchanges with our sister training leaders and then we were knocked out sick for the rest of the week. It was rough. 

The best thing that happened this week was that I got to go back to Pitt 3rd!!! It was fantastic!! I got to see two of my favorite people: Sister Snodgrass and Tanya!! (PS if you didn't know or I didn't explain it very well, Tanya got baptized on February 25th!!) I loved being able to see and visit them and feel of their love. It was so good to know too that I had touched their lives--they will be members of my mission family forever! Speaking of mission family, I got the sweetest letter from the sweetest lady in my first area--Sister Guest. I sure love that woman. The people I've met on my mission hold such a huge place in my heart!! Because I know them, I have been changed for good.

Also: proud mama moment. Sister Robison lead out the area for the first time like a champ!! She's ready to be senior companion and I'm so proud of her and how far she's come since she got here.

Tuesday night I started feeling really yucky with a wicked sore throat. Then it went downhill from there. We thought it was the flu...but it was just an awful cold I think...I'm still getting over it though. (Though I've been hit with this nasty nausea which is not the greatest...) It has been a doosey (no idea how to spell that haha). Members have been good to us, as well as the elders, bringing us food and medicine and whatnot. It has been hard not being able to go out and work like normal, especially when time is sure ticking away...but everything happens for a reason and this was supposed to happen (for whatever reason).

I did find out some very exciting news!! Sister Johnson told us that we are having another "Why I Believe" fireside on the 9th. I am sooooo excited!!! I didn't think I would get one more before the end of my mission, but I do!!! And I can't wait!!!! #TENDERMERCY God is SO good.

George is still doing well. We finally got him to pray about the Book of Mormon! It was awesome. He's coming to church, praying, and he's all the way into the book of Jacob, so he's cruisin'! So proud of him.

Ron and Nancy dropped us last week...they have so much on their plates right now with trials left and right they just couldn't handle one more thing (even though they need this the most!!)...but it's okay. I have faith they'll come around.

We've been teaching this sweet lady named Alana and after teaching her more about the Atonement and the repentance process, we set her with a baptismal date!! April 30th, here she comes!!

I hit 18 months officially this week!! Crazy cakes. We got Thai food to celebrate ;-) (no matter where I serve in PA...I always seem to find a Thai place in my area...haha God is so good.)

I wish there was more I could tell you, but there's not. I hope you have an amazing week and prepare for general Conference so you can feel the Spirit and have your questions answered. I know that this church is true and that God is always with us! We are never alone. We are His children and He loves us soooo much.

Remember who you are and that a sister missionary in Pennsylvania LOVES you!! Keep on keepin' on!!

"Keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever." (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

all my love,
Sister Bartlett


                                       P-day with the Elders roasting hot dogs!



Our District Leader Elder Kotter with a Cheese-filled hot dog
and ketchup on a stick.  I tried one and those things are nasty-YUCK!



Visiting Tonya = Happy Day!



On Exchanges with Sister Roden visiting Tonya!



Celebrating my 18 Month Mark with Thai food - YUM!



Good thing Sister Robison likes Thai food too :)




No comments:

Post a Comment