Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, March 6, 2017

Abundance of Tender Mercies!

Dearest family,

God is so good. Did you know that?? 'Cause He is.

Wednesday morning I got a phone call from President Johnson. He told me that he had some sad news for me, that Great-Grandma Winder had passed away. I feel as if I was immediately comforted because I knew she was Home. President and I talked about her for a few minutes about how she was an incredible lady. Especially that she had nearly lived to be 102 years old! I shed tears on my end, but I was so grateful that he's the one who told me. I wouldn't rather have had it any other way. 

But the highlight of this week was this:

Saturday evening, we went to a fireside at the Greentree chapel to listen to Sister Bonnie H. Cordon of the General Primary presidency and Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson.  But before I get to that, because it was a multi-stake youth fireside, I got to see some amazing people from my other areas. I got to see the Allen's from the Beaver ward, and the Eichenmiller's, the Cook's, and the Snow's from the Pittsburgh 3rd ward. It was the greatest day ever!!! God is so good.

In effort to make the fireside a revelatory experience, I went in with some questions. One of which was, "What does God want me to keep in mind the last few weeks of my mission?" In Sister Cordon's talk, she quoted Mark 5:36, "Be not afraid, only believe." I've heard this scripture so many times, but this time it hit me in a way it never had before. My soul was flooded with the Spirit and I realized that I needed to remember this. Not only now and in the coming weeks, but also for the rest of my life. It was so powerful.

The next day, Sister Oscarson came to our ward and sat in on part of our ward council. And before sacrament meeting started, I got to talk to her!! I GOT TO MEET SISTER BONNIE L. OSCARSON. SHE IS AMAZING. Also, she has Bartlett's in her family so we might be related!! Ha ha

She spoke for about 10 minutes in Sacrament meeting and she taught the young women's lesson the third hour. Sister Robison and I were able to sit in on the lesson. It was wonderful! One of the most powerful parts was when she shared this video with us:


I loved the overall message of encouragement--I definitely needed it.

With great-grandma's passing, I've thought a lot about the Plan of salvation (as I have throughout my whole mission).  I know that it is very real. It is God's plan, and it is perfect. I know that death is not the end. We can have so much hope because life continues on and we will be with our loved ones again one day! I know that great-grandma is now watching over us and is ever close to us. I love her and will miss her dearly! But I count it a great blessing that I knew her for the past 20 years.

I know that God is comforting and will continue to comfort us through this! D&C 84:88

I hope you pray your way through this week and see miracles come to pass because of your faith. You are in my prayers, as always. I LOVE YOU TO HEAVEN AND BACK!!!

"Keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever." (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

All my love,
Sister Bartlett
811 Frederick Court
Canonsburg, PA 15317


                                                      Click Day #2 for Sister Robison +
                                                      first time driving on her mission!!



We got to meet Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson,
YW's General President :D



Me with Sister Oscarson -
She is Amazing!!



TONYA GOT BAPTIZED!!!
HAPPY HAPPY DAY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment