Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, September 5, 2016

Oh, I'm Catholic.....


Family!
Oh boy. If I had a penny for every time I heard someone say that, I
would be filthy rich. But really though, it is crazy how many
Catholic's we run into out here. Everyone is super religious...but
they don't want to hear our message. It's hard, I'm not gonna lie. But
I'm here serving in the PPM and in the Pitt 3rd area for a
reason...despite how hard it is...I just have to keep going.

There wasn't much that happened this week...we did go on two
exchanges--with the Greensburg sisters and the Pitt 4th sisters (they
live in the Avalon area...between them and us we are the sisters that
serve the closest to Pittsburgh). I left both times so I wasn't in my
area much. But like I've said before, I feel so blessed to work with
these sisters and get to serve them and learn from them.

I do have to say that I am really grateful for the time I have to
study the gospel each day. It is such a blessing. I am doing all I can
to take full advantage of it while I'm on my mission, because I know I
won't have this time to study once real life hits. (Ha ha ) And I
love the things I am learning. The more I learn, the more I grow, and
the more my testimony is strengthened. I KNOW this gospel is true and
I will never ever back away from that testimony.

One cool thing: yesterday (September 4th) marks 12 years since I was
baptized a member of this church. As a young little 8 year old, I
never could have imagined what I would be doing 12 years later, and
how much this gospel has changed my life. I am forever grateful that I
am apart of it, and that I get to share it with others.

This email is kind of scattered, but I did want to share a powerful
missionary promise I was reminded of this week:

"I promise that because of your faithful response to the call to
spread the gospel, He will bind up your broken hearts, dry your tears,
and set you and your families free."

I am seeing parts of this fulfilled as He is binding up my broken
heart and drying my tears. My mission is so hard, but I promise I am
doing what I can to serve faithfully so that we will be set free. I
pray that you are seeing and experiencing blessings from having a
daughter and a sister serving a mission. Mom, Dad, Brenden and
Cameron--thank you for all your thoughts and prayers; they mean more
than you know.

"Keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep
growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."
(Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

Don't give up,
Sister Bartlett xoxo

                                                 I ❤️ Pittsburgh!!!!




 Sisters Taunima, Stimpson, Di Bari -- the Greensburg sisters




Sisters Crisp, Taunima, Hegewald -- the Pitt 4th sisters




With Mama Eichenmiller on P-Day
































No comments:

Post a Comment