Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, June 13, 2016

Miracles in Midland!

Family!!

🎵 What time is it?! Summertime! It's our vacation 🎵 ...except no
vacations for missionaries. 😉 Haha! I hope you're enjoying yours
though!!

So, this week. 'Twas such a good one!!! Man, I love mission life and
being a missionary. Can I just do this forever? Kay, thanks. ☺️

One thing we did this week was lots of service. It was fantastic!! I
mean, part of it included cleaning a house that hadn't been lived in
for three years (it was pretty nasty...), but hey! Service softens
people's hearts, and we have been called to serve, so we take
advantage of every opportunity that comes our way.

Oh my zone conference. BEST ONE I'VE BEEN TO. Seriously. It was
incredible.  And one of the best parts was I got to sing with Sister
Schofield again!!!!! We sang "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul" and it was
such a beautiful experience. I miss that sister so much, so it was SOO
good to see her again and sing with her. TENDER MERCIES. ❤️ Aside from
that, the Spirit was so strong, especially as two elders gave their
departing testimonies. Elder Masina (one of my zone leaders, also in
my district) and Elder Miller...wow. So powerful. They gave their
testimonies right before we sang (at the very end of the meeting) and
there were so many tears. It is just amazing to see the transformation
that can take place in someone as they dedicate 2 years to
serve the Lord. The training we received was so insightful, and I was
just so grateful for a day I felt so spiritually fed.

My goodness. Tuesday, we were in Midland, and it was a couple of hours
full of miracles. We taught an investigator Gary on his porch...we had
found him a few weeks ago, and that day we taught him the Restoration
and about the Book of Mormon. We even invited him to be baptized and
he accepted!! Since this was the second time we had taught him, we
picked him up as a new investigator. Miracles. But wait, there's more!

We met Mike and Judy a few weeks ago, but hadn't been able to catch
them yet. We finally did on Tuesday and taught them about the Plan of
Salvation. It was one of the most interesting lessons I've been in,
and one of the hardest ones too. He has some very interesting and
strong opinions about things, so that made it tricky. We did our best
to teach with the Spirit, but it still was hard. But they want us to
come back and they want to learn more, so that's awesome! Three new
investigators this week in Midland! WHAT?! Miracles, I tell
ya.

Then, prolly one of the top highlight miracles of my week was teaching
Erin again. My goodness, I love her so much. We had an amazing lesson
with her about the Plan of Salvation. Especially when we taught her
about the Spirit World, she was so happy and excited that she had
found people that believe the same thing she has come to believe on
her own. We taught her about eternal families, and she was just
radiating with happiness. We asked her what it would mean to her that
she could be bound to her, her husband and children for eternity...she said
it would be amazing. At the end of the lesson, we invited her to be
baptized, and she accepted!!! She said she's never been baptized
before, and she really wants to be. She also wants her two kids at
home to be baptized as well. More miracles. God is working some
amazing things in the town of Midland, but also in the general Beaver
area.

Speaking of other miracles in Beaver, Milly (a less-active we're
working with) came to church again this week!! Her third time since
I've been here...truly a miracle.

Also, since Sister O'Reilly (in our district) is from the Temple
Square mission, she is going back this week, which would leave her
companion, Sister Crisp companionless. That would be no bueno. So, at
zone conference, President Johnson pulled me aside, and said, "Sister
Bartlett, how would you feel about being in a trio for 6 days?" He
proceeded to tell me that Sister Crisp would be coming to be in a trio
with us for the last week of the transfer. But there's a catch. We
have to cover BOTH areas (the other area is about 40 minutes/25 miles
away)...planning this week was an adventure. And it will be even more
of an adventure this week! Wish us luck!! 😉

Please pray for:
- Cathy: we saw her again this week (MIRACLE), but she still hasn't
recognized her answer that this church is true, even though we know
she's received her answer...please pray she will recognize it.
- Brianna: she is a recent convert who isn't very interested in coming
to church at all...not to mention she cancels just about every meeting
we set up with her. We are struggling with knowing what to do for her.
Please include her in your prayers.

A highlight from my studies this week was reading an amazing article
that really touched me. I've been trying to apply it, and I can
already feel my heart changing. I invite you to read this and apply it
in your prayers as well:
https://www.lds.org/blog/how-to-pray-in-a-way-god-can-answer?lang=eng

I hope you're all doing well, and sharing the gospel with those around
you! (Even if you're in Utah 😉) Keep on keepin' on, and have an
amazing week!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

"Keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep
growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."
(Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

With love from Pennsylvania,
Sister Bartlett



                                               Pitt North plus Jamestown Zones



Sunbury Sisters REUNITED :)



Me and Sister Morgan with Carol



This is Sister Smego--She is the BEST!  Since she is homebound,
                               we go with the Elders every Sunday to give her the Sacrament.
She does so much for the missionaries and I love her!



Sisters at Zone Conference including 2 photobombing Elders--
                                                                   Masina and Coburn!


No comments:

Post a Comment