Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

God is in every single detail....


My dear family,

Hope you're enjoying your summer! I can't believe yinz are outa
school! Lucky ducks 😉

So last Monday, we had a super awesome Memorial Day Picnic at a park
with the ward...it was a blast! Oh! Cam Bam and lil' B--you'd be so
proud of me! I played Ultimate Frisbee for the first time in forever.
😂 It was a blast! Except for the fact that I was sore from head to
toe for the next two days...ha ha! I looked like an old lady hobbling
around...but by the third day I felt okay again.

Oh boy, let me tell you about the highlight miracle of my week.
Remember Erin from the first week I was in Beaver? WE MET WITH HER
THIS WEEK. IT WAS THE HAPPIEST OF DAYS. We drove down to Midland where
she lives, prepared to spend several hours there (it takes so many
miles to get down there, so we try and spend a long time there when we
go). We decided to try her first, and she was sitting out on her front
porch!!! That was the first time I had seen her in two months. We saw
she was with someone, so we walked up and said hi, and asked her if we
could come back in a little bit, and she said to come back in about an
hour. So we went to go teach another person, and then Sister Harn from
the ward (she reminds me so much of Grandma Winder, it's so great!)
met up with us for a team-up. We went and saw Erin, and had an amazing
meeting with her. She told us about more of the trials she had been
facing her whole life, and I was just astounded. She has been through
SO much. She said that one of the reasons why she hasn't been to
church in a while is because she's had several questions that no one
has been able to answer. One was, "Why aren't the dinosaurs mentioned
in the Bible?" I had never thought about that before, so I was super
grateful when Sister Morgan was able to answer her question. 😅 Erin
was so excited that a question she had been wondering about for years
was finally answered. She rattled off some others, and we told her we
had answers to her questions. That transitioned super smoothly into
the Book of Mormon. As we talked to her about it, and testified of it,
her eyes just lit up. She was so excited when I handed her the copy I
was holding in my hands. We showed her how the cross references
reference the Bible, and she said she was going to pull out her Bible
that night and start reading. It was incredible, I wish yinz could've
been there. A light went off in her that I haven't seen in a long time
with anyone else. It was incredible. And the member present was
perfect--they just clicked! We are meeting with her this week and I
couldn't be more excited.

On a side note, while we were teaching her, she saw a hummingbird for
the first time in her life. She was so excited, haha! And she also saw
a Cardinal, which I guess is a sign that a loved one who has passed on
is trying to get your attention...or something like that. I was like,
wow. GOD IS IN THE DETAILS.

Later that afternoon, we stopped at a gas station there in Midland to
get a drink and a snack. As I was checking out, the cashier was
reading my nametag, and he was like, "Oh, I was wondering what you
were dressed up for." I said, "Yeah! We're missionaries for The Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, have you heard of it before?" He
said, "Yeah, I was actually baptized several years ago, but I haven't
been in a long time. Where's the church at?" I told him it was in
Monaca, and I gave him one of our cards with our number on it and the
address to the church. He said he would try and make it if he could
get work off. It was such a small and simple thing, but definitely a
tender mercy!

MIRACLES. So, Milly is a less-active we've been working with, and she
has only come to church once since I've been here in Beaver. After
having a really wonderful lesson with her last week and promising her
blessings for making church a priority, she came to church yesterday!!
I was oh so happy, happy, happy. What was even more amazing, was she
got up and bore her testimony!! My eyes filled with tears...I never
thought I'd see the day. It was absolutely amazing.

Speaking of church, since the church has undergone some remodeling,
the hallways were super messy, so we only had sacrament
meeting, and then they released us all to go home. It was so short!
Between last week and this week, it's been super interesting!

The biggest thing I was reminded of this week is: God is in EVERY
SINGLE detail. Each and every one. No matter how small and seemingly
insignificant they seem...He's there. And when it matters that much to
you, it matters that much to Him. Please don't every forget that! You
are His child and He loves you with an incomprehensible and perfect
love.

"Keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep
growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever."
(Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

Have an amazing week, and remember that a sister missionary in
Pennsylvania loves you sooo much!!!!!

(SYDNEE HILL IS COMING HERE!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!)

All my love,
Sister Bartlett xoxo

                                   
                                                    Oh so green here is PA!!




The District



PA Pride :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment