Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, December 28, 2015

Picture a Christmas in PA!

Dearest family!!

How are ya's?! It so was so good to see your beautiful faces and talk to you on Friday! It made Christmas extra special!! ☺



                       It was SO WONDERFUL to see this BEAUTIFUL GLOWING face and
                                       talk to her on Christmas Day!!  Best.Gift.Ever!!


I'm sure you're wondering what's happening with transfers. I'm staying in Sunbury, and my new companion will be Sister Schofield!! I went to High School with her-yes she's from AF, so I knew her a little bit before mission. SO EXCITED!! Not gonna lie though--I am SO SAD to see Sister Talbot go. 😭😭😭 She is being transferred to Lebanon Palmyra (spelling?? ...still in PA). What will I do without my Mama Talbot?!? Who even knows. I'll be okay though...I think. 😉

Honestly, I am already so grateful for Sister Schofield. Why you may ask? She alone is a tender mercy straight from a Heavenly Father. In the midst of this change that I am nervous for, losing my trainer and taking over the Sunbury area as the Sr. Companion, I have something familiar to hang on to. What a blessing. God is so good.

Wednesday evening we went caroling at a nursing home. It was definitely another highlight of this Christmas season. We sang as we walked up and down the hallways. The joy on the resident's faces was just priceless. The happiness I felt in my heart was just overflowing. Some of them led us in the singing, some joined in, even though you couldn't understand what they were saying. It was absolutely amazing and the Spirit was undeniably strong. I absolutely LOVED it.

For Christmas Eve, we went to the Pitcavage's. We had a unique dinner which consisted of foods that Mary and Joseph could have had. It was really good! Then of course Brother Pitcavage read the Christmas story Luke 2, and the kids dressed up to act out the Nativity. We partied in our PJ's and they even gave us gifts!! I felt extra loved and so blessed to be apart of their family for this holiday.

                       
                                                                   
                                    The picture I got on Christmas Eve texted to my                                                                                       cell phone from Sister Pitcavage--What an Angel
                                    she is!  
I could not hold back the tears as I was
                                    missing Brianna dearly but hearing what a
                                    wonderful missionary she is!
                                    SO GRATEFUL for that tender mercy!!
                                                                   
Christmas morning, President allowed us to sleep in, so we did. But when 6:30 rolled around, I woke up to Sister Talbot standing above me saying, "It's time to open presents!!!" 😂😂 So we did, and I felt so spoiled!! Thank you for everything you sent me!! For lunch, we went to the Snowden's and had spaghetti and meatballs. Another interesting Christmas meal, but it was good! Then of course I got to Skype you, which was so wonderful! It wasn't enough time to say all that I wanted to, but I will cherish that time that I was able to spend with you. ☺😘 That evening after it had gotten dark, we went outside to play night games with the Snowden family and the Lewisburg Elder's. NIGHT GAMES ON CHRISTMAS DAY. I never thought that would be possible. It was such a blast though!!! And then the unthinkable happened. When we went inside, Bishop Snowden sprayed whipped cream in Sister Talbot's mouth and mine. HE IS THE BEST. I about died, but it was the greatest thing ever. Also sooo grateful for the miracle of being apart of their family on this holiday here in PA. The Lord is definitely watching out for me.

                                  

                       Christmas PJ's!!! Elder Haroldsen's pants were a tad too big...😂)
  
Yesterday, Sister Talbot and I spoke in sacrament meeting on sacrifice, which is fitting in light of New Year's resolutions. Just a few thoughts to share with you: As you make resolutions this year, think about what you will give for Christ, and what you will give up for Christ this year. As you humbly approach the Lord and ask Him what you need to change, He will let you know and He will help you make those changes. Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said, "God doesn't care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are and, with His help, where you are willing to go." And as Paul said in his letter to the Philippians, "But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Look forward, face the future with faith, and trust the Lord. His plan for you is glorious beyond belief.

Happy New Year!! I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOO MUCH!!!!!

With all the love in Pennsylvania,
Sister Bartlett xoxo ðŸ’•


                                Sister Bartlett is happier than she's ever been!  I know it is
                                because she is a full time servant of our Heavenly Father
                                and Savior Jesus Christ!  May we all find that true and
                                lasting HAPPINESS in 2016!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment