Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, December 21, 2015

Happiest of Holidays

FAMILY!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Can you believe it's here?! I can't!! Soooo excited though. 😍

Feeling the Love
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PACKAGES!!!!! I promise I haven't opened anything you didn't tell me to. 😉 Also, Great Grandma and Clayne sent me money for Christmas. Soooo kind of them!!! Also. THANK YOU for all the emails with family's testimonies. I have LOVED reading them!!! Not to mention reading your testimonies strengthen my own. I feel so incredibly LOVED and it means the WORLD to me!!!!

Dreaming of a White Christmas...?
I am so envious of you's in Utah right now. I hear the snow out there is sure piling up!! All the while here in PA it's bitter cold, but with no snow on the ground. If it's going to be this cold, there might as well be snow!! ❄️ Praying for a Christmas miracle...

More miracles | the rest of the story
Oh man. I've been DYING since Monday night to tell you the rest of what happened with the family we met last week. SO MUCH GOODNESS. Here goes. I have more to tell you along with bits and pieces I didn't tell you last week. Bear with me.
When we were at the hospital for the priesthood blessing, The baby was fussy during the anointing, but during the blessing, she was completely calm.  There was not a dry eye in the house. So, when Sister Talbot and I went to hospital to see them on Monday, we found out they had been discharged from the hospital and were staying in a hotel across the street.  After finding out they weren't in the hospital, we ran over there and sat and talked with the Dad and Mom for a while. They told us after we had left on Saturday, they looked at each other and the Dad said, "I know exactly what we need to do. We need to go back to church." I was sooooo happy. They have been inactive in for the past 12 years. And now they're going back!!! BEST THING EVER. They said they have seen the Lord's hand in all of this, and it has been amazing. She is truly a miracle and I feel BEYOND blessed to have witnessed it.

One thing I was reminded of during this experience was that the most important thing in to love people into the gospel. They have friends and family who have never stopped loving them, and I know that is playing a huge part in all of this. Not to mention the miracle they have witnessed.

I also went on an exchange with Sister Ewell. We went down to Shamokin and Elysburg to see some people. Again, I was nervous going into it, but it turned out so nicely. I had the confidence to be bold, but loving, and to open my mouth to teach the gospel. We met with Michelle and Jeff who are less active, but their friend Jill was there and she's not a member. She opened up to us about how hard it is being a single mom this time of year and missing her parents who passed away a few years ago. I was able to bear my testimony to her, share 1 Nephi 21:15-16, and give her a copy of the Book of Mormon, bearing my witness of it. I testified that reading from it would bring her comfort and peace, just as it has in my own life. Walking away from that lesson, I realized it was a miracle that I had the confidence I did, and it only came from the Lord.

'Tis the Season to give service
This Christmas is one I will never forget because of being in the service of the Lord, and also the service we've been able to give. For instance, we went to the old folk's home where we play Bingo to help with their Christmas party. We helped serve food and give out presents. It made me the HAPPIEST. But then it gets better. One of he ladies there, Betty, is hilarious. But she's so ornery most of the time! I just laugh it off. But when I was there, I walked over and starting asking her about her gift. She got a teddy bear and was so excited to tell me about it. I was so excited for her, and then out of the blue, she took my hand and said, "I love you." She said it 3 or 4 more times, and my heart grew at least 5 times. 💕😉 That entire afternoon at the nursing home brought me the greatest joy. ☺

Goodness, I've never felt so much emotion in my life. Moments where my heart is breaking for someone and the adversity they are facing to my heart overflowing with joy almost ready to burst. It is quite a roller coaster, but the best adventure I've ever endeavored to pursue. I can honestly say that I have never felt so happy in my life. I AM SO HAPPY TO BE A MISSIONARY!!!!

He is the Reason
This season, I have had lots of time to reflect on Jesus Christ being at the center of it all. Without Him, we wouldn't have Christmas. He is the Reason. He is Love. He is Joy. He is Peace. He is Mercy. He is Grace. He is Forgiveness. He is Hope. He is my Savior. My Lord and my King. My Shepherd who seeks me when I have wandered. My Deliverer who delivers me from heartache and sorrow. My Healer who heals me of every broken heart. My truest friend who never leaves my side. I hope we always have room enough for Him in our lives--not just during this Christmas season.

Will you?
Been thinking about the fam-bam and things I love to do around Christmas time. Since I can't, will you watch A Christmas Carol for me? Maybe? Also, Les Mis because it came out this time of year 3 years ago. 😂 I also hope you've enjoyed the lights at Temple Square--missing those beauties but loving the cute lights on the Main Streets here...I've watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas and will watch The Nativity to "Breath of Heaven" by Amy Grant. Also--a member gave us a copy of the MoTab Christmas program a few years ago when Alfie Boe was the guest star. Sister Talbot and I have watched his performance of  "Bring Him Home" probably 40 times. 😂😂 WE LOVE IT. We've also watched the rest of the program and that's really good too. Oh! Watch the one when David Archuleta performed. That's my favorite. ☺

Ponderized Luke 2:10-11 this week:
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

I love the invitation to "Fear not". They had no reason to fear because the Savior of the World was being sent to save them all. The same goes for us--we have no reason to fear because of Jesus Christ. He is constantly on our side and will never let us fall nor fail. He was born for me, and He was born for you. This knowledge brings me the greatest joy.

So excited to Skype you on Friday!!! Talk to you then!! Merry Christmas!!!!!

With so much love from Pennsylvania,
Sister Bartlett
xoxo 😘😘



                                               Lewisburg District + zone leaders + Santa!!





Merry Christmas from the Sunbury Sisters!!!





Old dying trainer + bubbly energetic greenie





Our Christmas tree!! (Thanks Mom!!!)
















No comments:

Post a Comment