Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Monday, October 10, 2016

Huge News!!!

FAM BAM.

HUGE NEWS!!!!!! AN APOSTLE IS COMING TO VISIT OUR MISSION ON SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12TH!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! (Also a member of the presidency of the Seventy and the area Seventy!! Woohoo!!)

We don't know who is coming yet...we won't find out until the end of October. #patienceisavirtue 😇 We also will be having him speak at a special stake conference the next day in the Pittsburgh stake. HOW LUCKY AM I?!?!? Can't even believe how blessed I am to be here in the PPM right now.

This week was pretty crazy, but good at the same time! We had two back-to-back exchanges with both the Greentree and Greensburg sisters. I was basically gone for a straight 48 hours...with district meeting in the middle. Ha ha, good times! #exhausted 😴

For the first exchange, I was in Greentree with Sister Durfee, which was way fun because once upon a time when I was in Sunbury she was my STL!! We went on exchanges then too. We met with their recent convert, and she was a hoot and a half!! She is an amazing member missionary though!! She's not afraid to share the gospel and she can't wait to receive a calling so she can serve in the church. Excited to see what will happen for her in the next little bit!

The next exchange was me in Greensburg with my daughter, Sister Morgan!! #motherdaughterreunion It was such a good exchange!! One lesson we had particularly stuck out. We met with Beatrice and her daughter Tatiana. Beatrice only speaks Spanish and Tatiana was the one who was translating for us. We read 1 Nephi 1 with them, which was quite the experience, one I had never had before. We read in English and they would follow along in their Spanish Book of Mormon and read the verse when it came to be their turn. Afterwards we taught them the Plan of Salvation, and how it went down was this: we would teach a little bit, or ask a question, and Tatiana would translate for us to her mom, and then her mom would talk and Tatiana would translate back to us. It was really cool! The spirit was really strong as we read and as we taught and testified of the Plan of Salvation. It was so neat to realize that the gospel and the spirit are universal. It doesn't matter what language it's in or where you're from...*anyone* can feel the spirit and have their heart touched by the message of the gospel. Tatiana would tell us, "I can feel it right here in my heart." It was such a beautiful lesson. 

Oh and another thing!! It was really cool because they asked a few questions that were the kinds of questions that you dream of investigators asking! #exchangemiracles And I was able to pull a few verses from the Book of Mormon to answer them. (PS: one reason I am SOO grateful for my mission is the knowledge it is giving me of the scriptures and helping me be familiar with important verses.) My missionary brain can't always remember the reference off the top of my head, so thank the heavens above for tagging in the Gospel Library. (Let's pause for a moment. I LOVE TAGGING!! It is an incredible tool to be used in the Gospel Library and I am soooo grateful for it. If yinz haven't used it or know what it is, let me know and I shall teach you!! It's the best thing since sliced bread...or Pittsburgh Popcorn...whichever came first. 😉)

Being with Sister Morgan was SO grand!! It was amazing to see how much we both have grown since being together! And our comp unity was still on point. 👌 #nothinghaschanged It was so cool!! I just love her and am so proud of the missionary she is and is becoming!! #proudmamamoment 😊

On Friday we had our MLC meeting in Altoona and it was wonderful! Oh boy, sooooo many good things..part of which was discussing some big decisions that will be implemented in our mission very soon. But I cannot disclose at this present time this day. (Stay tuned 'til next week! 😉) It lasted all day long, but it was fantastic. Getting to see more of the missionaries I know and love was amazing. And time spent with President and Sister Johnson is always a joy. Afterwards we had a super fun photo shoot with the STL's + Sister Johnson...enjoy! #happyharvest 🍂

After MLC, since we had to drive for forever and a day to get back to our humble abode, so we made a pit stop at the famous restaurant Burgatory. Yes, like purgatory, but burgers. I had the famous "Piggy Butter and Jelly" burger...yes it had PB+J on it...but it was surprisingly tasty. 🙊 #givingintopeerpressure

Anywhoozers, I can't believe it's Monday again. Time is flying out here. And being and STL makes it go even faster. Exchanges every week, driving for forever through Pittsburgh which to quote Sister Simpson is "a game of nonexistent red light-green light's, with crazy drivers, one-way streets, and bridges for days. On the plus side, it's beautiful, and the drivers let you in when you're trying to merge. #blessings" ha ha 😂But I really love it...not to be trunky, but with each week that passes, I am more and more aware of how much I love it out here and how much I never want this to end. Serving a mission is literally the *best* decision I have ever made in my entire life. I wouldn't trade *anything* for it. I can't even see a sliver of the blessings now, but I know that the far-reaching effect of these 18 months extend beyond my mortal vision. I am so eternally grateful for this amazing opportunity I have been given to serve my Savior, draw closer to Him and come to know Him better. I really am my first convert here on my mission...and with every passing day, my testimony is becoming more and more rooted in the Savior and His gospel.

I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! Good thing I'll have yinz forever. ☺ Make it an amazing week!!!

 "Keep loving. Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever." (Elder Jeffrey R. Holland)

sending lots of love from Pennsylvania,
Sister Bartlett xoxo

                                    Greentree Exchanges with Sisters Durfee and Dixon



Greensburg Exchanges with Sisters Di Bari and Morgan



Reunited with my baby, Sister Morgan
                                                 A favorite lesson with Beatrice and Tatiana



Cuteness!



Altoona MLC



Beautiful Sisters and our AMAZING
                                                 Mission Mom, Sister Johnson included!



#happyharvest



#purejoy



I love PA in the Fall :)



Burgatory ;)



Piggy Butter and Jelly Burger - YUM!



The crew pigging out on burgers!


No comments:

Post a Comment