Alma 29:9

"I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yeah, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."
Alma 29:9

Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Call to Serve

It was right. She knew it was right. After praying and seeking answers by turning to her Father in Heaven, she knew that this is the path she must take. She needed her to give 18 months of her life back to Him and serve a mission.
Regardless of the assurance of this part of His will, she was scared. She was scared for the unknown and what lie ahead. Yet she moved forward, doing her best to have faith.
After waiting and waiting (and waiting–it felt like to her), it finally came.
finally
Gathered around dear friends and family, and with shaky hands, she opened the big white envelope. 
With even a shakier voice, she read these words aloud:
“Dear Sister Bartlett:You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Pennsylvania Pittsburgh Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, September 23, 2015. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the English language.”
Joy and excitement filled her soul. Pennsylvania. That’s where the Lord would have her serve. And she couldn’t be happier. :)

Her journey begins in a short 11 days. Follow her adventures as a missionary through this blog.
Hurrah for Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment